Making almond butter at home is so delicious, simple, and cost effective, you’ll never go back to store bought! Watch my video to learn how easy this nut butter is to make, and the tricks that will make it a success.
Here’s my favorite grain and dairy free/Paleo Blondie recipe. If your almond butter doesn’t turn out, just add a tablespoon of coconut oil (to the total amount of almond butter), and turn your mistake into soft and delicious blonde brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid), mix almond butter and honey
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Add coconut flakes
- Sprinkle in baking soda and powder
- Add chocolate chips
- Scrape contents into an ungreased (preferably glass) 8″ square baking dish
- Press firmly into pan
- Bake for 18-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with dry crumbs.
- The dough will be quite firm and very oily seeming. Don’t worry, it will come together when baked!
- To make almond butter: Toast almonds in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Let cool and blend into almond butter using the dry container of your Vitamix.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.